These twelve holiday gift ideas are perfect for grandparents, parents, and in-laws, and work well for joint or individual recipients.
1. Amazon Echo Show $84 My grandparents love their Amazon Alexa, but the new Echo Show takes things to the next level. Now you can see videos and text on a screen, not just have the lady in the box answer your questions. It even has video chat capabilities.
2. Our Place Always Pan $145 The Always Pan is a do-it-all cooking pan and it can (and does) replace a variety of skillets and pans in the kitchen. It even has a spoon rest attached to the handle which is great for keeping countertops clean.
3. Ember Temperature Controlled Mug $99 This mug doesn’t just hold morning coffee, it keeps it warm! The Ember Temperature Controlled Mug allows you to set your preferred beverage temp and it will keep your drink at the perfect warmth until the last sip.
4. Tile Key Finder Set $64 These handy key and wallet finders work by just pressing a button on the Tile App on a smartphone. They help you find lost items by making them ring loudly, and can even tell you the last location they were in. It works reversed, too, so you can press the button on the keychain if your cell phone is missing.
5. 23andMe Health + Ancestry DNA Test $199 If your grandparents are interested in their family history or are curious about their health and DNA, a 23andMe Test Kit is the perfect gift. They may learn some fun family history they had no idea existed.
6. Casper Weighted Blanket $152 There’s nothing cozier than a good book and a heavy blanket on a rainy day, and this Casper weighted blanket is the absolute coziest. You can choose the weight level you want (Casper recommends 10% of your body weight) and there are a few colors available.
7. Automatic Card Shuffler $19 For grandparents that love a good card game but have trouble shuffling, an automatic card shuffler is the most fun gift they’ll find under the tree. No one can accuse your uncle of stacking the deck anymore! 😉
8. Amazon Smart Plug $24 If your grandparents, parents, or in-laws don’t have these Amazon Smart Plugs yet, this is a great stocking stuffer idea. They plug into a wall outlet, then you plug any lamp or electronic into the Smart Plug. You can control the on/off switch with your phone and set timers and schedules for automatic usage. We have these for every lamp in our house, along with our holiday tree.
9. Big Red Rooster Sound Machine $29 Seriously, I can’t sleep without this sound machine. It’s not like electric sound machines with looped recordings of waves. Instead, it has a tiny fan inside and gives the perfect white noise in the background. It’s like running a fan without making the room cold.
10. Samsonite Carry On Luggage $189 If your parents or grandparents live far away, this not so subtle gift of new carry-on luggage implies that they’re always welcome at your house. I love this one because of it’s sleek hard shell and 360-degree swiveling wheels.
11. Warming Tea Assortment $30 My husband and I have a cup of tea every afternoon, and it’s our favorite part of the day. It’s a nice relaxing reset for our brains. If you have grandparents who have everything, gift them a box of assorted teas and suggest they adopt an afternoon tea ritual.
12. Shark Robot Vacuum $397 It’s hard enough for me as a 34-year-old woman to lug around a vacuum, and I assume it won’t get easier as I get older. This Shark Robot Vacuum keeps floors clean and even auto-empties itself into its trash can base so sweeping and vacuuming is no longer on your grandparents’ to-do list.