Here are the top ten things I loved this month for home organization, decor, lifestyle, and everything in between.
August was a month of getting things done around my house. Between prepping my yard for the fall season, working on redecorating our basement, and finalizing the plans for our last projects of 2022, it has been a month of progress, achievements, and exciting things to come.
The laundry room was finished last month, too. To celebrate, we spent an entire week on Instagram talking about all things laundry, linens, and clothing storage. There were some exciting new updates to Cricut Design Space, and a lot of decluttering and organizing to kick off the Back To School season. I tried a bunch of new products in August, and here are the top ten I loved.
My Top Ten Favorites For August 2022
1. This laundry enhancer. I got this laundry enhancer last month and have been using it like crazy lately. It’s unscented but somehow has magical powers to remove odors from clothes, towels, and bedsheets. I wrote a whole post about it, and I will absolutely buy it again when I run out.
2. These flameless tapered candles. I love the cozy vibe of tapered candles in pretty brass holders on the dinner table. It just makes meals feel more fancy. But with three wild
raccoons cats as pets, a stick candle is an accident waiting to happen. These look totally real and are even made of wax. Plus I love these holders, too.
3. This picnic table. Since the Tennessee heat is starting to retreat into it’s shell, I’ve been spending more of my lunch breaks outside at this table. I love the cut-off corners of the seats, because I wear a lot of dresses during WFH days. My dress never snags on the edges.
4. These museum gel dots. Museum gel putty is an organizer’s secret weapon for keeping shelf decor and drawer trays in place, but sometimes it can get a little messy and hard to deal with. I found these dots and they have changed my life. They work just like the putty, but they are in uniform circles with easy-to-peel paper backers.
5. This milk frother. I usually drink my coffee black, but I love a good splash of almond milk in my afternoon tea. This milk frother does all the churning for me while the tea steeps, and I pretend like I’m a barista at a classy jazz lounge as I pour it in the mug.
6. These cabinet risers. Most shelf risers I’ve purchased in the past were flimsy and wobbly, but not these bad boys. They’re thick, sturdy, and can hold up a full row of heavy mugs. I also bought the larger sized shelves for my plates and bowls, but I haven’t put them in the cabinet yet.
7. This makeup erasing cloth. I know what you’re thinking…a washcloth? Really? But trust me, this cloth has changed my entire evening routine. It actually removes all my makeup, even eyeliner and waterproof mascara. With just water! I highly recommend buying two or three of them.
8. These plush towels. I wanted to add some really nice towels to our guest bedroom to up the luxury factor when we have guests this holiday season. I had been reading a lot of hype about these towels and they definitely lived up to the great reviews.
9. This media cabinet. I have had this media cabinet for two years now and I am beyond impressed with it. Early in August I decluttered and organized all the shelves and am still so happy with the amount of hidden storage it provides. We keep baskets on each shelf to keep them from getting messy.
10. These gel pens. If you’re a ’90s kid, just hearing the word “gel pens” is giving you all the nostalgic feels. I was talking with someone on Instagram a few weeks ago and we got on the subject of the original gel pens. We went down the Amazon rabbit hole and it turns out they still sell them, just under a new name! I ordered this pack immediately and I’ve been doodling in notebooks like an 8th grader ever since.