This holiday gift guide for families features 13 items that can keep you organized, ease everyday stress, and even have a little fun. Buy them for your own family or close friends and feel good about gifting something that won’t just sit around and collect dust.
1. Pet Camera $210 Solve separation anxiety and keep an eye on your fur babies while you’re away. You can even give treats to your pet with a click of button on your phone during your lunch break at the office. It’s a win-win for you and your pet.
2. Smart Plugs $16 Skip going around the house turning on and off all the lamps, holiday lights, and other devices every evening. Gift four or more smart plugs to a family with a super busy schedule to cut down on evening schedules. They’re extra handy for accessibility needs, as a burglar deterrent, or to set routines for different times of day. And all the items can be controlled by your phone even if you aren’t home.
3. Air Fryer $129 Adding to the “can’t live without it” list, my Ninja Foodi has saved family dinner night more than once, especially when my son has his friends over for gaming sessions and movie marathons. It has an indoor grill, too, which we use for chicken or kebabs without the greasy mess. I cook with this air fryer at least four days a week.
4. USB Charging Station $40 How do you charge a whole household of devices and tackle cable clutter? This desktop station fits up to 6 devices and has specific slots for phones, tablets, earbuds, and even a smart watch.
5. Personalized Dry-Erase Calendar $49 It may be a minimalistic command center, but it allows you to keep track of appointments in a way that works best for your unique family. Be prepared for overflowing compliments if you give this as a housewarming gift.
6. Vintage Bookshelf Board Game Collection $110 Not many board games double as home décor, but these four family classics are too luxurious not to, and they’re excellent road trip boredom busters. I recommend this version of board games because they’re all uniform in size and are easy to store, unlike bulky game boxes.
7. Google Nest Hub $50 This is Google’s home assistant, and she’s got a screen! That means you can follow recipes, make video calls, have karaoke nights, and control your smart plugs (see above). We recently swapped our “other brand” of smart assistant for this one and honestly, it’s way better in my opinion.
8. Solo Stove $250 I finally ordered one of these last week, and I’m never going back. It’s been so nice to enjoy a campfire roasting marshmallows without the smoke coming right at my face. The best part is when you get the stand accessory, this fire pit can safely be used right on your wood deck. It’s the ultimate family gift and comes in a few different sizes.
9. Record Player $112 If you follow me on Instagram, you probably know about ABBA Mondays, and this Victrola is the star of the show. It has a vintage look, but there’s Bluetooth connectivity for streaming holiday hosting playlists, too. Record players are totally back in style, and all ages love to crank it up for family dance parties on Friday nights.
10. Picnic Set $59 The iconic wicker basket now comes with everything included for 4 people, so if lunches at the campsite or on the lake are on your wish list, now is the best time to grab those supplies. This is a great gift for that family who seems to have everything or the ones who love to spend time in the great outdoors.
11. HART Tools Self-Propelled Lawnmower $498 This lawnmower is perfect for a family who lacks outdoor storage space. It runs on a battery, so no need to store dangerous gas cans and it folds up so it takes up just two feet of floor space. A push-button start with no pull cord, an easy bag grab system, and mulching options make this a great gift for young newlyweds.
12. External Hard Drive $47 All computer hard drives have expiration dates, and you never know when yours could suddenly stop working, leaving you without your photos and documents. The 1TB storage size is perfect for a family, and the drive plugs into a USB port like a flash drive for easy backup. Bonus points, you can take it with you when you travel during the holidays so you can show off family photos on their TV screen.
13. Rechargeable Battery Set $44 Large families go through batteries like their favorite holiday candy, so this rechargeable set is such a great gift. Cut down on waste by giving rechargeable batteries that can be used over and over again. This set even comes with an organizer so the batteries can always be found when they’re needed.