Here are the top ten things I loved this month for home organization, decor, lifestyle, and everything in between.
May has come and gone so fast I didn’t even realize it happened! I looked at my phone this morning and saw that it was June 2nd and I honestly don’t know where the last month went. Oh wait, yes I do…I’ve been in my garage sweating to death and cleaning up mouse poop.
Throughout the month of May, I did reorganize my refrigerator and freezer, as well as my bathroom vanity. Each of those projects took about a week and I documented the whole process on Instagram Stories. I saved them both as Highlights so you can catch up if you missed them.
The rest of the month has been all about cleaning and organizing my hot mess garage. I’m almost done. (If ‘almost’ means ‘more things keep popping up that need to be fixed or replaced’) So here’s to June, the month I finish this garage and never let it get this bad again.
My Top 10 Faves For May 2022
1. These drawer organizers. I have been slowly but surely organizing every single drawer in our house with these trays. They’re thick, sturdy, and come in a bunch of sizes. And I love that one kit of 10 is just $25.
2. This pan. Aside from a big pot for noodles, I have only cooked with this pan all month long. My other cookware has sat untouched, wondering if I’m going to give it all away. That’s looking more and more likely.
3. This play mat. Sure, it’s technically for babies…but I bought it for my home gym to act as an extra thick yoga mat and it has risen to the occasion. I can rock a King Pigeon without mutilating my knees now.
4. This phone charger. Gone are the days of plugging in my phone (or forgetting to plug it in). This Apple-approved charging pad looks sleek on a nightstand and you just sit your phone on top of it.
5. This tile game. My new favorite family tradition is cooking dinner with my son, eating our meal with the vintage lamp on, cleaning up, then having dessert while playing this game. We have a running score on my phone’s Notes app that’s four months long.
6. This garage storage bin. I replaced all the mismatched bins in my garage with these clear totes. I love them because the lid is clear, too. They’re hard to find though…I hit up six different Walmarts to get enough, and a friend had to help me find some, too.
7. This yogurt holder. TikTok went crazy over this adhesive yogurt holder, and for good reason. I love being able to free up refrigerator shelf space by sticking this under a shelf to hang. It can be hung vertically, too.
8. This wet/dry vac. This bad boy has been my BFF during my garage cleanup. There is so much sawdust, mouse poop, and unidentified objects in our garage. I’ve been able to suck them right up with the floor attachment so I haven’t picked up a broom at all so far.
9. This washable rug. My husband’s collections room is right off the garage, and lately the rug has gotten quite dirty. We finally tried washing the cover for the first time and I was so impressed with how easy it was. And bonus points that they were able to make Darth Vader’s helmet blend into a traditional rug design!
10. This stackable tool storage. I love my Stack System, and have ever since I got it. But since I’ve been working on the garage, I’ve realized how incredibly helpful it is. Lately I filled it with cleaning supplies and hand tools. I can roll it around the garage with me as I clean, repair, and build storage systems.
Shop More Of My Faves
Follow me on LTK for shoppable photos of my daily faves, and follow my Amazon Storefront for all my recommended home organization products.
PS: If you don’t have an Amazon Prime account, you can get a free 30 day trial with this special link so you can try it out and get all the discounts on Prime Day. If fast, free shipping isn’t your thing, you can cancel before the month is up and you won’t be charged at all for it.
Leave A Comment