Here are the top ten things I loved this month for home organization, décor, lifestyle, and everything in between.
October is always one of my favorite months. It starts getting cooler, home projects slow down, and my Holiday Planner is bursting at the seams with ideas and inspiration for the coming winter months. In the midst of all that planning, we had some really fun things going on over the month, too.
I came out of “organizing retirement” two times during October and had a blast with some hands-on organizing for a friend’s nursery, along with an ambush makeover-style project at HART’s office near Greenville, South Carolina. Sometimes I get so caught up in creating tutorials and tip videos, and it’s nice to just get in a new space and organize something without having to stop and film it all. But don’t worry, I took pictures of both projects so there will be nursery and cubicle organizing blog posts coming soon!
My Top Ten Favorites For October 2022
1. Vintage Bookshelf Edition Board Games. We love playing board games in our family, but they take up a lot of storage space. I’ve been slowly transitioning our collection to these vintage-style games. They are all the same size, look gorgeous on a bookshelf, and feel like a blast from the past when we play them.
2. This semi-flush mount light fixture. Our kitchen remodel is coming to an end, and when my handyman took down the boob lights and put these gorgeous glass lights up, it was literally the cherry on the kitchen sundae. They look like they were made for our 1970s galley kitchen, and I love them so much.
3. This denim jumpsuit. If you’ve been hanging out with me here or on social media for any amount of time, you probably figured out quickly that I have a strong love of denim. I have been wanting this jumpsuit for so long, but I didn’t know where I’d wear it. When I was invited to do an Instagram Takeover for HART, I knew this was my moment. Oh…my…gosh…it is so comfortable, it stretches to fit perfectly, and it’s incredibly flattering.
4. This planner folio cover. I love my Erin Condren Lifeplanner, but this is the first season I’ve used a folio cover with it. And honestly, it has changed my life. Now I can store stickers and pens with my planner instead of in a pouch separately. And the vegan leather makes it look super fancy, too.
5. Coffee pod organizer. We recently added a new island to our kitchen, and it has eight drawers. That gave me a ton of extra storage space and allowed me to free up the drawer beside our tea organizers. So of course, I took the opportunity to turn that drawer into a coffee space. Opening up this drawer and seeing all these perfect pods in rows makes my mornings feel less chaotic.
6. Closet rod extender. When I was organizing our friend’s nursery, she had a lot of baby clothes and not a lot of closet space. Instead of tearing out the closet system and installing something new, we took the fast and cost-saving route and added a closet rod extender. It gives you an additional row of hanging space and is height adjustable.
7. These navy nails. You know I love Red Aspen nails, and they just released a bunch of new colors for fall. The navy ones are so gorgeous that I ordered another box as soon as I put them on so I can wear them again for Thanksgiving. *Tip for ordering from Red Aspen: If you don’t shop from a specific Rep (I don’t either), select a random one from the dropdown menu during checkout. This gives someone the commission for the sale and supports their small business. You can choose a different name every time you order.
8. Acrylic glasses stands. Storing glasses and sunglasses is hard, and sometimes they don’t fit inside the stackable containers. I have these acrylic stands, and they make my glasses collection feel like a specialty boutique. They come in a few different size options based on how many pairs of glasses you own.
9. This power cutter. Ever use a pair of scissors and think “I wish I didn’t have to move my fingers to make the blades cut things”? No? Okay, me neither, but when I used this power cutter and watched it glide over a thick piece of leather at the HART event, I realized I’ll likely never use regular scissors again.
10. This cooking pot. I know, you’re thinking “a pot is on your top 10 list??” But hear me out, because this pot replaces five other cooking devices. It’s from the same company that my Always Pan is from, and it really delivers on quality and versatility. I went on a little impulse shopping trip online and bought all the Our Place products recently, and I can’t get over how great this pot is.
Shop More Of My Faves
Follow me on LTK for shoppable photos of my daily faves, and follow my Amazon Storefront for all my recommended home organization products.
Leave A Comment