Here are the top ten things I loved this month for home organization, decor, lifestyle, and everything in between.
September was a big ol’ blur for me and I honestly don’t even remember half of it. Between started Phase 2 of our kitchen remodel and running ten days of the Organized-ish Purgeathon, it’s been nonstop movement around here. The floors are finally finished in the kitchen and I can actually wash dishes in there now, versus the bathroom sink we were using for three weeks.
And now that I’ve gone through and purged most of the areas of my house, things are feeling a lot lighter. Nothing like a big remodel project to make you want to throw out all the unnecessary stuff in the house. I’ll be continuing the purging all through October, too!
My Top Ten Favorites For September 2022
1. This gold Keurig. For the last three weeks (and still now) my coffee maker has been on the dining room sideboard since the kitchen is off-limits. It matches my dining room so well with the gold accents that I’m considering leaving it in here.
2. This stick vacuum. As a fur mama of four, I love a good vacuum. I have another stick vac from HART that converts to a handheld, and lately I’ve left the handheld part intact and just used this stick vac for the floors. It’s lighter and holds more fur tumbleweeds.
3. This shoe cleaning kit. My husband and I clean our shoes before they get put back in the closet and after almost every wear. We have been using this cleaning kit for years and it’s the best one we’ve found.
4. This peel and stick wallpaper. I recently upgraded my craft room with this peel and stick wallpaper, along with a matching set of curtains. You can see the full craft room tour here on Spoonflower’s website.
5. This bamboo drawer organizer set. Bamboo drawer trays are typically pretty pricey, but this five piece set from Walmart is under $25. They’re stackable, washable, and come in all different sizes. I have them in my kitchen, guest bathroom, and office desk.
6. These food storage containers. I’ve been gradually switching out my food storage containers for this line of products. They do cost more than my off-brand bins, but they’re great quality and have some fun add-on accessories. I get a few a month to build the collection without crushing my bank account.
7. These bike shorts. I got my Peloton bike almost six months ago and I finally took the advice of other riders and got some bike shorts. I tried out a few brands and this one is my absolute favorite.
8. This paintbrush. I know, a paintbrush seems pretty boring. But after painting a ton of trim and furniture pieces for my kitchen last month, I just had to share this brush. It applies paint so smoothly and washes well.
9. This theater sofa. We finished up our home theater (aka The Collections Room) and the best addition to the space was this sofa. It’s incredibly comfortable and it hasn’t even been fully broken-in yet. We spend a lot more time downstairs now and this sofa is 100% the reason why.
10. This runner. Every time I show a view of my kitchen on Instagram, my inbox blows up with link requests for this runner. It’s even more gorgeous in person and comes in a bunch of sizes. And yes, it will absolutely be returning to my kitchen after the remodel. I have no plans on replacing it.