Learn how to make labels for your home recycling bins using a Cricut machine, vinyl, and Cricut Design Space.
I go through a lot of paper, plastic, and cardboard in my craft/filming studio, and I wanted to make sure I was recycling it all versus just throwing it in the trash. Before, I was just storing in some random boxes in the garage until they were full enough for a dropoff at the recycling center. But now that my studio is in the process of a major facelift, I decided it’s time for a proper recycling station.
I ordered these stackable bins from Amazon, and they weren’t super cheap but I don’t have an IKEA nearby so it was the best I could do. They’re really great quality, so I’m very happy with the purchase. Once the bins were set up, I broke out my Cricut Joy and a sample pack of Smart Vinyl and got to work.
What You Need:
- Cricut Cutting Machine (I used Cricut Joy but any Cricut machine will work)
- 3 colors of vinyl (I used the Cricut Smart Vinyl Beachside Sampler pack because it came with five cohesive colors)
- Transfer Tape (I used Cricut Transfer Tape)
- Weeding Tool (My fave comes in the Basic Tool Set)
- Scissors or TrueControl Knife
- Cricut Design Space (I’ll link to my exact template I made so you can copy it. Link is below in tutorial.)
- Difficulty: Easy
- Time To Complete: >30 minutes
- Skills Needed: Weeding Small Letters, Transfer Tape Application
How To Make Recycle Bin Labels With Cricut
- Open up THIS TEMPLATE while your Design Space app is already open and minimized. (You may get an error message if you don’t already have Design Space open.)
- Click Make It. (Unless you want to customize the sizing or text)
- Follow the prompts in Design Space to cut each color of vinyl with your Cricut Machine.
- Weed and prepare for transfer.
- Transfer recycle symbols onto bin lids first.
- Transfer text over symbols.
Want More Cricut Organization Projects?
I got you covered! Here’s the full archive of all my Cricut tutorials and projects. Hope you find some fun ways to make you and your home a little more Organized-ish!